Good afternoon everyone! Sorry about the delay on any posts recently, its kind of been a no news is good news up until now. This week was filled with emotion from happiness to sadness. Kambry was making improvements every day, Heidi even got to hold her 2 days in a row! She was awake, alert, and moving around. The Drs were extremely pleased in the direction she was heading. Heidi asked them if there was anytime in the near future they felt she would be safe to run home for a couple days to see family and spend some time with Asher. The Drs insisted now would be great, and that she needed to take time for he son as well. So Friday night she flew into Fargo at 11 pm and had plans to fly out late Sunday afternoon. Heidi was able to spend a ton of time with Asher, as well as Lance and Jill's kids, so the trip seemed totally worth it. Apparently Kambry had other thoughts about her mother being gone. Everytime we called the nurse line to check on her, it seemed as though Kambry was getting a little worse. Her numbers were getting worse and the hospital staff just thought something wasn't right. I got the call from the Dr on Sunday morning about 7 am explaining how Kambry's condition had gotten considerably worse. Her heart rate was in the 220s-230s, her blood pressure was in the 40s, she was spiking a fever, she was back on the oscillator and her face was swollen beyond recognition. At that time, I decided I needed to get on the plane with Heidi and get back to Denver. They think the reason for her acute sickness was from some type of infection. They can't pinpoint on where it came from, but she has all the signs of an infection.. The Drs think this could be a couple week setback. Fortunately, since they got her under control, she has been pretty comfortable. Her body is showing that the meds to treat the infection are working, so they would like to ween her a little on some the meds needed to get her more stable.
Last week when she was making some solid improvements the Drs and surgeons were talking about surgery to close the PDA valve in her heart as well as possibly move her diaphragmatic patch down. If they moved it down a little bit, they feel she may be able to gain a little more volume in her left lung. Now since this latest setback those plans have been put on hold. We will just have to wait and make sure this infection is cleared up before making any major adjustments. At the current moment she is in a good spot. The nurse for today is hoping Heidi can hold her this afternoon and get back into moving her around to get some of the excess fluid off. She is still peeing really well so we know here kidneys are working well.
We would like to thank everyone for the prayers - Kambry needs them more than ever. We also want to thank the "team" working on the benefit: Lance Ihry, Casey Glandt, Mitch Finn, Will Gladue, Brooke Ames, Vicki Ihry, Pete Olson, Brandon Larson, and Emily Eisenbeisz. They are putting in countless hours getting it all put together and we will forever owe them! We also love seeing the pictures of everyone in the their Kambry Can shirts. We are going to put some type of scrapbook together to show Kambry how much she is loved and supported.
Lance had asked that I attach the link to the benefit:
He also asked that anyone requesting shirts do so via email instead of calling or texting, he can respond faster that way.
Thanks again for all your support,